Over the last 10 years, I have debated about going back to school. For a variety of reasons, I never enrolled. Part of the reason was that I wasn't sure what I wanted; initially, I wanted to be a high school teacher but I wasn't sure in what field. History, art, computer science, physical education. Eventually, I decided that the timing wasn't good and the initial paycut I would have to take would not be in the best interest of my family.
Like many crossroads in my life, my desire to go back to school resurfaced because of a plethora of events. I enjoy my job, but I was promised a trip to AdobeMax in October of this year when I was hired. AdobeMax is a three-day long convention where attendees further their technical skills and understanding of their software. About a month ago I was told the economy was too weak for the company to fulfill their promise. It was disappointing, but not a deal breaker. Secondly, I felt my self-taught web development skills were good, but I needed more formal education.
What school should I attend? Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment